The Overnight Housekeeper is responsible for ensuring high cleanliness standards for hostel guests, and performing housekeeping duties consistently and efficiently. Reporting to the Housekeeping Supervisor, he/she is responsible for cleaning washrooms and common areas, and dining areas including the bar and restaurant. The Overnight Housekeeper will complete checklists and report cleaned zones or any potential items that need to be fixed to the front desk night auditors. The Overnight Housekeeper will also be assisting the night auditors and bar staff when any challenges are encountered.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the hostel so that it is tidy, presentable, and comfortable for the guests.
- Work effectively as a team with the night auditor in defusing any challenges that may arise and any cleanup operations that may be required.
- Completing housekeeping tasks scheduled as per reports from RoomMaster, complete any check sheets as per HI-Q requirements.
- Completing any simple maintenance issues as reported on RoomMaster or by other members of the hostel staff.
- Communicate effectively, in English, basic housekeeping terms.
- Providing housekeeping service to the common areas of the hostel and the Cavern Bar after it has closed to ensure to ensure they are presentable, sanitary, and trash free
- Cleaning all washrooms and showers to ensure they are presentable, sanitary, supplied as necessary, and trash free
- Sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping hallways and stairs, on a regular basis to ensure a presentable, comfortable, and safe environment
- Washing, drying, folding, and storing all hostel laundry to ensure an ample supply of clean linen.
- Understanding and adhering to health and safety regulations
- Understanding and adhering to current HI-Toronto policies and procedures
- Performing other duties as required.
- Communicate and be reachable by other staff of the hostel if assistance is required.
Start date: Now
Type: permanent, part-time and full-time
Application deadline: until positions are filled
To apply: e-mail Lingeswaren Rama Moorthy (email@example.com) with your resume and cover letter.
HI Toronto thanks all applicants, however, only those who already possess valid permission to work in Canada will be considered.